Sunday, March 1, 2015

3/1/15

How do you know what type of story appeals to you and even better why this story line draws you in. Is it based on what or how much you were read to as a child? When you become an adolescent and you read your first real full length book and it draws you in to whatever world, place, people it is about. Is there special interest in your own heart and soul for something and your only way to get there is through a book a movie a story? Maybe just maybe it is a great escape from the life you are in or an adventure or its just plain fun, thrilling, an adrenaline rush.
I am pretty sure it is different for everyone and the same. Contradictory yes, but there is so much involved in how and what we say read and why. I myself was read to as a child like most bed time stories and encouraged to read myself in school and at home. I was not one who had an interest in reading everything or in general. My love came from the enjoyment and fear of scary movies first. Later I realized scary books were even better because your imagination could take you way further than some movie ever could. Real life issues and struggles have always interested me. In my life, the people around me and strangers I have had an interested in what they have done and needed to do to fix their problems or how they have done amazing things or even their tragedies. 
Many people love fantasies as an escape or just to believe in a world unlike our own. What about love stories real and make believe is it the thrill or the happiness. Adventures around the world and into the unknown if you can't go yourself go through a book. documentaries and our history who wouldn't want to be able experience a piece of history and if someones life is interesting to write about why not read it. 
Gladly I do make sure on the rare chances I get to read that I push myself to go with something other than what I know I like. If you don't try something you will never know if you like it. Yes that works for foods and stories. Its even easier to try that in shows or movies, it doesn't take as long. Then if you find something new you like you can take it over to books. Good luck to all now go find something you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment