Sunday, March 1, 2015

Final Reflection Post 3/1/15

Time for my final reflection post this will be a lot easier now then it would have been when I started on this journey. Before this assignment I had little experience if any at writing. I was also sorely lacking in several other skills I needed for this journal. Now I am further then I was in many ways but still have long to go.
Doing these posts have helped in several ways. Technology itself is relatively new to me so when I was asked to start a blog my nerves were in full throttle. My typing skills which still aren't great were actually close to terrible. The first couple that I tried took me long amounts of time before I even began just to think what I wanted to do and how I would go about it. Now, I don't get nervous going to the site it is automatic. It doesn't take me an hour to type out three paragraphs. The Ideas just pop into my head and I don't second guess everything I write, I just do it.
This blog has also let me know the things I still need to work on. I still have many things to learn about writing. If I do just let things flow I tend to forget the correct format. I also still have issues with grammar, spelling, punctuation and tenses.
As long as I did not put to much thought into this being able to be read by any and everyone it wasn't that bad. To get past the technology shyness I just looked at it as writing in a notebook, that helped. Those are the things I liked and disliked. Liking, writing in a diary. Disliking, everyone in the world able to read my writing and my mistakes.  I did not enjoy having to do more then I wanted or more then I had time for but knew it had to be done and there was reasons for it. I did enjoy bettering myself in writing and typing even if it was only small strides. Expressing myself and possibly others is another bonus.
Through this I have found that I like doing personal writings more than other pieces  I had to do. I also found that if I start with the first paragraph and then do the final paragraph its easier to do the middle last. I think out of all these blogs only about five are what you would call good. The blogging served a different purpose at least for me, to learn and to become more comfortable. I also learned I like to write fiction which I didn't know that is why Dream was my favorite blog.

1 comment:

  1. Lori - Your reflection is honest and open. Your work on your blog is extensive and productive. If you go back and read your first post then your last, you will begin to understand how far you have come. I am also pleased to hear that your gain in fluency has extended beyond the writing to technology and your typing skills. Good for you. You should be proud of your work. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete