Sunday, March 1, 2015

mac n cheese n tuna

This is a simple and delicious thing. Macaroni and cheese with tuna have you ever tried it. When I was little I felt like this was my own. When my sister and her friend came home late one night with the munchies they woke me as they giggled in the kitchen. They were teenagers and the first thing they thought of, the easy thing they can make is Mac and cheese. Why not make it that much better and add some tuna. I am not sure which one of them decided this is what they wanted to eat or if they had it before. I know it wasn't something my mom had made us (similar casserole) maybe the friends mom or maybe they just decided it sounded good. Either way they came into my room because they just had to share their wonderful late night snack. It was good!
So not long after that I began making it for my self I was about ten. It was easy and filling and good. All you had to have was a box of mac n' cheese some milk, butter and a can of tuna. You can add some things like salt, pepper or even little other things to make it your own. Real cheese melted in at the end is a plus or even green beans or sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. The tuna in water works best for me. Now there are different flavors of Mac n' cheese so try them all.
Now this is a thing that I passed on to my children it is my daughters favorite meal to prepare herself when not eating as a family. When your by yourself or with just one other person it is a nice little meal. You can always add an extra box and some sides to make it a family meal. Don't knock it until you try it, and make it your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment