Sunday, March 1, 2015

Energy drinks

Hi, do you have to have your morning coffee before you can fully open  your eyes? Can your brain not function without it. Maybe, its not coffee its your morning cigarette. Oddly enough you can not breath until you get your first drag, take your first hit off that morning smoke. It could be something else a morning jog, reading the newspaper, even taking a shower. Me, well that is simple It is my morning energy drink. Almost always a Monster energy drink, occasionally I will change it up but Monster is my favorite.
It doesn't have to be a first thing, a five minutes after I wake up thing, but definitely within the first hour. I have been drinking Monsters since they first came out in 2002. I only drink one a day so not cause for alarm with all the things they have been saying about heart problems or other physical issues with it. Many people drink or eat or take way more caffeine then there is in Monster. Some say its an acquired taste. When they first began they only had the original black can with green tear shaped M. Now there is like 36 different kinds. Not just the regular type now there is coffee, juice, tea, muscle and all other kinds. I have a favorite, the low carb. but I love the original and the coffee and lets not forget my new favorite the ripper.
So what got me started? Well there were other kinds before Monster and other kinds since and yes I do try them. the cheaper ones when I can't afford Monster or just to have a break or just to see if there is something better. Before they even reached the stores I had tried energy drinks. I used to deliver the mail in Michigan and there was a lady that loved to order things in the mail especially health or workout related. So she found these Energy drinks and ordered them by the box. She would let me and one of my other co-workers try a can when they would arrive. This was almost the same time that red-bull had began appearing at stores in some parts of the country. These were more of an acquired taste but I think after can number two I was hooked. Now its not like I can't make it a day without them I can even more. I would rather not though. How I do love my Energy drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment