Sunday, February 8, 2015

2/8/15

My day is almost over though it seems as if it has been continues for 48 hours. This is what happens when eighteen hours of it a has been spent driving. The day begins normal with a bowl of cereal a shower get dressed get what is needed for the day and off to work I go. The day goes as usual and drags on until it is over. Except now it changes a bit. Home to shower so I can hurry and make sure the car is packed with all that is needed and off we go. A long drive and a bunch of gas and bathroom stops later we have reached our destination. It only took about nine hours.
Carry the boxes and the blankets and pillows. Turning on the heat and hoping it warms in a hurry.Laying them out on the floor and bundling up sealing our selves like human burritos. So cold and uncomfortable but falling asleep anyway since it is well past midnight and if you can call it sleep, it begins although short lived.
The morning begins and so does the unpacking of the few things we were able to bring. The measuring of the floors, walls and windows. Then to get the lay of the land. Familiarize with the new place home and town. Whats left, just some time to meet a neighbor and eat some food.
Then back on the road again, This time it seems as though the miles and hours go on and on. Will it ever end. The same old roads the same old  signs and all the same old gas stations of so it seems.
I am back and can not wait to take off these shoes. So ready to go to sleep so ready for this day to be over. Is that possible well no of course it is not. Even though I am back and it again is well past my bed time I am still up. I must do all the things I was unable to do while on the long journey. Soon, oh please soon let this day end!

No comments:

Post a Comment