Sunday, February 8, 2015

8 February 2015 animals-pets-family

My animals, my pets, my family. Everyone at some point in their life usually has an animal in their household. Whether it is as a pet when they are child or as an adult, or as a working animal, on a farm to make money or even a fish in a glass won from a carnival/festival. Me I have had many. I will call them pets even though usually I consider them family.
The first pet or pets that I can recall Would be our dog Carmel She was a poodle/ fox terrier mix. She I barely remember, had a puppy, one single puppy and it was a difficult birth. We named him pugs. I was so young I don't remember what happened to her I just know she wasn't there anymore. Pugs, he was and for a long time. Our family was not big on animals but still had our share. I do also remember around that same time we had a cat, muffin, she got pregnant and had I believe 5 kittens that is when we found out I was very allergic to cats and my mom too. So once they were old enough they all had to go.
Through the rest of my life in my parents home we always always had Pugs and a few others along the way. There was a few of those wonderful fish I had mentioned won at the carnival, they don't last long. A pair of guppies my mother let me have in a fish bowel where I soon found out what guppy eggs and baby guppies looked like. Over population of a tiny fish bowl did them in. Then there was My one and only bird growing up, Pritsie. If I remember correctly she was a pretty green parakeet that I named by mixing pretty and Itsy bitsy. My sister had some chics she didn't get permission for so they didn't stay. She also had a white dwarf bunny that had to have her teeth trimmed so odd but beautiful.Then one other dog around when I was about 11. He was a pup when we got him for my father on fathers day. He was so fuzzy and fat when we put him on my dads chest as he lay on the couch reading his paper when he moved he looked like a little bear. That then became his name. I have a not so fond ,at the time memory of him getting out of the yard, when he was grown. I ran to get him and was only able to snag his collar. I tripped and fell to my knees still holding on. He was still in full run and by the time it registered that I was being dragged over gravel on my knees the holes had already been torn in my pants, Then by the time the pain told my hands to let go the gravel was well embedded into my knees and the blood staining the remainder of my at the time popular parachute pants. He I believe ended up running away again and again and one day never made it back. So again we still had Pugs. I loved them all and they were all pets and family. Pugs was family he was still there when I moved out He finally had to be put to sleep I believe he was about 20 years old. I can still remember him sitting on top of his dog house when he was young and sitting at the landing of the basement steps as he grew older like it was yesterday. He was family and is loved and missed. Putting about 16 years together it seems we did have a good variety of pets. compared to what I have had in my adult life it isn't so much but that discussion is for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment